K.E. Saxon's Books

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #19


Welcome and Welcome Back!!
.
This week (and for the next few weeks), I'll be sharing snippets from my sensual novella (drama), A STRANGER'S KISS (Available exclusively at Amazon. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.)


Click here for the prior weeks' six

Last week, I gave you a glimpse into David, the hero's, character arc. This week, it's my heroine's (Karen).
 
Set-up: Karen was a bit of a tabloid-making wild child in her younger years and is desperately trying to succeed in a new business, with a new identity, and to "remake" herself into someone she, herself, can like. She's gotten an unexpected phone call from her father, who wants to come visit her...

mrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreen


 She squeezed her eyes shut as she said, “Listen, Dad. I’ve spent a lot of money, time, and years in therapy to change my identity. To change me. If you barge back into my life right now, my cover will be blown. Everyone will know I’m not Karen Samuels, smart, professional graphic artist, but Karen Cutty, infamous daughter of famous celebrity racecar driver, George Cutty. It’ll ruin all my hard work. It’ll ruin my life.”

The pause that followed was dark and weighted with emotion.


If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

19 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing, K.E. I'll have to put this one on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the conflict of Karen trying to move on with her life vs. not wanting to hurt her father. Very well done, KE!

    This IS a must read, sixers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ouch. I don't think a parent ever wants to hear that. They expect it from a teenager, but not a grown woman. Methinks she has some growing to do. Nice conflict and characterization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God, this is heartbreaking! Great 6! I feel bad for both of them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very emotive six. Somehow I don't think she's going to keep her identity a secret for long...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great six - she's worked so hard and now it's all about to be destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's a helluva thing to say to your dad. Guess therapy's having an effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rock it Lady, great writing, a fantastic six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alix! That means a lot, coming from you. I'm a big fan of yours!

      Delete
  9. aww, excellent snippet here. It's just ripe with emotion. I really feel for both of them here. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see both points of view - the emotion is clear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parents can call at the worst times! So, will the novella be available this coming week? Exciting! Great scene you painted revealing a bit more about her world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's out and about already. I pubbed it just prior to Valentine's Day this year. Thanks for stopping by and thanks even MORE for leaving a comment!!

      Delete
  12. Ouch... it can't have been easy for her dad to hear that. Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talk about emotionally charged. Wow!

    Sarah Ballance

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to all you wonderful, wonderful folks for stopping by today and leaving a comment! So, so, SO appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leaves me wondering what happened to make her leave that life behind. Nice six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is power in every one of her/your words. She is showing us who she is and hinting at where she's come from. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, that is praise indeed. Thanks for stopping by, Gem. Always a pleasure to "see" you!

      Delete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.