K.E. Saxon's Books

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #21



 Happy (day after) Cinco de Mayo!!

I've been sharing snippets from my sensual novella (drama), A STRANGER'S KISS for the past few weeks. (It's available exclusively at Amazon. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.)

This week's snippet is just after Karen has experienced a not-so-pleasant run-in with her notorious past and David has subsequently spilled the beans that he's the mystery man she slept with on Valentine's night. He's just confirmed his suspicion that she is the infamous Karen Cutty, daughter of a famous race car driver, and she is telling him what happened to her from her perspective when she was almost 13 years old.



Click here for the prior weeks' six

mrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreen


“It had been a crazy couple of years. First my mother died, then my father’s career took off and our entire lives turned into a circus. I traveled around from city to city with him and there were only adults, or near adults, around to talk to. I don’t know. My therapist says it was a reaction to grief, loneliness, and my burgeoning hormones, that had me falling for the son of his crew chief. He was sixteen, wild, and paid a hell of a lot of attention to me.”

If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

19 comments:

  1. Enthralling, like she is whispering a secret. Sensational six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O_O Whoa, thirteen is ... yikes. This adds a whole new level to the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds pretty crush-worthy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her whole past summed up in six sentences - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful six! And a sensational cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Great insight into her character. I feel for her. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great summary and insight. I especially like how you snuck in the bit about her therapist. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the diary confession. The snippet is laced with emotion. Good job with weaving in therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great six. Hey, if I'd been in her place, I would have hooked up with the bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great six, she captured quite well that time period in her life, it seems to me, and leaves us eager to know just how bad that guy was for her...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl with a complicated past, can't wait to read more, especially about how she is NOW, after all that drama. Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Letting him know about her past is such an important step in their relationship. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you conveyed her story in a very neat bundle. Now how will he react

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally see how that went down, lol. I'm glad she's sharing this with him now - love her voice here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gawd, we should all get a 'pass' for the dumb decisions we made when we were teens. Does anyone emerged unscathed from that hellish period of childhood?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like she was a typical teenager. Loved her voice here, very matter-of-fact now that she's telling it. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great six...your writing is so smooth! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, Karen really beats herself up about her past. What a great story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like an interesting childhood. I hope she is able to move past it. Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.